Details & Information
Teen Choir Explosion was established in 1994 and continued for 10 years. In 2017, we reintroduced it to a whole new generation. The focus of the event is still to unite teenagers and to offer a positive summer activity. We pool resources from our local churches and businesses to benefit the entire community, providing a fun, enlightening and entertaining activity.
1. The activity will run Monday, June 20 through Saturday, June 25, 2022 with rehearsals Monday - Friday from 6:00 to 9:00 P.M. and end with a grand concert on Saturday at 7:00 P.M.
2. The participants will have exposure to different types of songs and styles of praise including Urban Gospel, Contemporary Christian and Latin Gospel taught by a diverse set of clinicians. Also included are workshops for dance and mime.
3. After each rehearsal there will be a time of fellowship with refreshments (possible items include nachos, hot dogs, sandwiches and pizza). We are soliciting donations to help defray the cost. This part of YVU allows the young people an opportunity to meet others and develop new connections.
4. We will require volunteer help from the community to make this a success. Some can monitor the rehearsal, prepare the food, help with registration and other duties.
5. Participants can arrive at the rehearsal facility on Monday at 5:30 P.M. for pre-registration. The actual rehearsal begins nightly at 6:00 P.M. All participants meet in the general assembly area, which usually doubles as the rehearsal location for the Mass Choir. After a welcome and review of the guidelines for the week, the workshop groups are dismissed to separate practice locations. Groups rehearse from 6:30 - 8:30 P.M. and then return to general assembly area for closing activities and announcements. The Workshop is dismissed at 9:00 P.M. to get refreshments. On Wednesday night, rehearsal time is shortened and final general assembly time is extended to have time for an open panel discussion about race relations, cultural diversity, and what they will do after graduation - college, military, entrepreneurship.
6. We are offering a $1000 scholarship to a graduating high school senior that participates in the workshop and concert.
The deadline to submit applications is Wednesday, June 1, 2022.